Monday 11 June 2012

ITTP Prague: Monday's TEFL Prague Quick Tip

This Monday's TEFL Prague tip is...

I'm on a diet.
I don't want to be.
It's painful.
It was much easier (and more enjoyable) putting the weight on.
When I was swilling down beer and munching on sausages at last month's Prague beer festival I felt good. Satisfied. Like a billion bucks.
But, my doctor says I need to lose a bit around the edges, cut down on the cholesterol, etc. Besides, I turned 40 last year and it seems that my body metabolism began taking it a bit easy so that my normal food and drink intake has become something unmanageable for my weight.
I'm not overly large but I think that the older you get, especially when you have children, it is easy to relax a little and think that you don't have to try to look good anymore.
When you look around you see this quite a bit.
But on the other hand, there are people such as (Sir) Mick Jagger who have the physique of a much younger man and who clearly have not let themselves go.
Funnily enough, I also automatically put on weight when I turned exactly thirty.

ok, so this Monday's Prague tip is a general how to lose weight tip.
Or rather, how I lose weight and my recommendation for losing weight in Prague.

It all really boils down to the Czech proverb:
"Have breakfast yourself; share lunch with your friend; and give dinner to your enemy".

Or, expressed in other words:
"Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper".

I use a variation of this. I eat a small breakfast, eat a big lunch (can be anything) and then nothing in the evening. Oh, and absolutely no alcohol. The key is making sure that your main meal each day is something to look forward to - can be fried cheese, doesn't matter (but obviously don't eat fried food every day).
Do this for a month (and combine with regular exercise such as walking), as I am doing now, and you will lose those extra kilos.

Hope it helps!

Hezky den!/Lovely day!

Neville :-)
info@tefl-prague.com
http://www.tefl-prague.com
http://www.tefl-tesol-online.com
http://ittp-tefl-prague-tesol.blogspot.com