This Monday's TEFL Prague tip is...
As the weather slowly drifts into Spring, with Winter kicking and screaming behind, there are the inevitable Winter/Spring transition colds and flu bugs. Feeling ill when you are teaching or studying can be both frustrating and depressing - especially if you have to miss classes/lessons because you feel too ill to attend. Rest is of course the best medicine but there are lots of natural remedies in nature's cupboard which will also contribute to a quick recovery. The following is a simple tried and tested drink which will alleviate some of those niggling early Spring cold and flu symptoms:
What you will need:
- 1 lime
- a small piece of ginger
- a spoonful of honey
- a (optional) spoonful of local plum brandy (Slivovice)
How to prepare:
- whack the lime around a bit so that the skin becomes softer and then slice in half and squeeze the juice into a (clean) cup or glass - making sure that the glass is thick enough.
- take the piece of ginger and cut a piece off, about the size of the top of your thumb. Peel the skin off the ginger and then chop into small pieces and add to the lime.
- pour in boiling water and stir.
- add a spoonful of honey and stir.
- add a (optional) small quantity of Slivovice - not too much or you will lose the taste of the limes.
- drink and rest.
Hope it helps!
Hezky den!/Lovely day!