Monday 23 April 2012

ITTP Prague: Monday's TEFL Prague Quick Tip

This Monday's TEFL Prague tip is...

Whenever you pay for goods at larger shops always keep the receipt (bill).
The reason for this is two fold:

1. It happened to me once that I went to buy breakfast in Tesco Narodni and when leaving the building something I had in my shopping bag sent off an alarm. Turns out the cashier didn't swipe one of the goods properly. Luckily I had the receipt to show that I had paid for it. I've seen it happen to a few people at supermarkets and shops.

2. The second reason is because it seems that supermarket prices on show for goods in the aisles don't always match up to the amount charged at the cashier and sometimes you will also find that you have been charged twice for one item. The double pricing charge isn't so frequent but it seems that the overcharging of goods unfortunately is.

An additional note: in recent months a leading local broadsheet ran an article on supermarkets selling out of date produce (with the sell by date manipulated). Whilst it isn't possible for shoppers to check the validity of sell by dates it is possible to read the date of the goods and I always do. Every shop I make there is always at least one product that I see which has either expired its sell by date or very soon about to. If you are doing a weekly shop this is important because you might find that if you don't read expiration dates that you get back and realize that everything needs to be eaten on that day. My tip is to always read the sell by date and to choose items from the back of the shelf because supermarkets place items at the front which are nearing their sell by date and items with a longer sell by date at the back.

Hope it helps!

Hezky den!/Lovely day!

Neville :-)
info@tefl-prague.com
http://www.tefl-prague.com
http://www.tefl-tesol-online.com
http://ittp-tefl-prague-tesol.blogspot.com